BetterCare…a promise to our patients
UT Health San Antonio’s commitment to our patient’s care and their experience is at the heart of our BetterCare IT initiative that focuses on enhancing our Epic electronic health record (EHR) platform.
BetterCare refers to a portfolio of Epic projects designed to help both UTHP personnel and patients via:
- Improved patient care and satisfaction
- Enhanced data access and digital capabilities
- New ways to pay
- Improved automation
- Streamlined workflows
- Reduced dependence on IT departments
- Better security
- Better compliance
Enhancing our current Epic system and integration is already underway and will be complete with the opening of our UT Health San Antonio Multispecialty and Research hospital. The BetterCare Program is made up of four major projects:
- Epic Refuel - UT Health San Antonio’s outpatient clinical care areas
- Beaker – Laboratory departments
- ASC – Ambulatory Surgical Center at Kyle Seale Parkway
- Multispecialty and Research Hospital
Delivering safe and high-quality patient care in our current and future patient care settings is crucial. Through our Epic EHR upgrades, we can expect improved functionality and workflows that are best practices identified by Epic and the global community of users.
BetterCare will introduce its monthly digital newsletter, which will provide our community of Epic users with regular updates about our implementation progress.